AT THE DALES
Body, mind and spirit
We passionately believe that the body, mind and spirit are very closely linked and that keeping the body active, even for those who are perhaps less mobile than they once were, is essential.
active and engaged
We want our residents to be as active and engaged as they can be, so we place a focus on the activities we offer. We have an appointed, dedicated Activity Coordinator who is tasked with creating a daily programme of events. Activities are designed around residents’ interests, capabilities and hobbies.
- Exercise and movement
- Pub quiz
- Visits from local animal sanctuaries, pet therapies and care for pets
- Arts and crafts
- Cards and other games
- Music and entertainment
- Community engagement with local schools
With advancing age there are some things we may no longer be able to do. We believe it is important to offer and to encourage new ventures, interests and activities so that life can remain as full and varied as possible. Accordingly, we have an on-going activities programme.
- Resident’s birthdays
- St George’s Day
- St Patrick’s Day
- Anniversaries, such as VE Day
- Hairdressing available within the privacy of your room
- Medical Appointments
- Personal shopping where required
- Visiting optician
- Private telephone lines if required
- Newspaper deliveries
- *Some services may be at an additional, modest cost.
- In-house Religious services by our local Church of England vicar every month
- Post Office and local shops 5-minute walk.
- Exeter town centre 20-minute walk.
- Railway station 20-minute walk.
- Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital: 10 minutes by car.
- Local GP surgery: 10-minutes walk.
- Taxis always available.
We all get to the stage when life catches up with us. We offer respite care, residential care and end-of-life care, delivered by kind, caring, well trained staff.
It is our privilege to look after your loved ones in their remaining years. And we really enjoy the amazing feedback we receive from residents themselves, as well as their families and friends.
The Dales is a warm and welcoming home for residents and their families as, after all, our care home is their home. All our rooms can be furnished to the resident’s choice.